RD2021 Travel Award Information
The Due Date for all Travel Application materials is midnight, June 4, 2021.
As with previous RD meetings, we will be awarding a limited number of Travel Awards to fully support the travel, registration, and lodging costs of highly qualified young investigators. To qualify for an RD2021 symposium travel award, applicants must be a current graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, resident in Ophthalmology, or a faculty member at the Assistant Professor level or lower rank, and must submit an application through our website using the link below.
Travel Award applicants do not need to register for the meeting until after the final awards have been announced.
Please note that successful travel awardees agree to several conditions in order to accept the award.
1. Awardees that are postdoctoral fellows through junior faculty are required to submit a short chapter for the proceedings volume. Travel reimbursements will be made only after receipt of your chapter. To expedite reimbursement, you may submit your chapter before the meeting, if desired. A contribution of a chapter by graduate students is not required.
2. Awardees will be automatically registered for the BrightFocus Macular Degeneration Fast Track. Participation in this training session is considered part of the educational experience you will receive at the RD2021 meeting. Participation is mandatory.
3. All Awardees must give either a platform or a poster presentation at the meeting.
4. We will be taking photographs of all travel awardees, and we will ask that you grant us permission to use these images for promotion of the RD Meeting.
To Apply, You will need to prepare three sections:
1. A formated abstract contains the sections Purpose
: and Conclusions
2. A brief statement of your current position and your career goals.
3. A brief summery of your works relevance to retinal degeneration.
To apply for a travel award, use this link: Travel Award Application Site